I'm sitting in the most painfully boring class ever. I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't so damn early (8 AM) and really the only benefit is that I get to go to the gym afterwards. It was seriously so dark this morning I was sure my alarm clock was mistaken as to the correct time. Matter of fact it's still pretty drab and dreary outside. Kind of like winter can see spring starting to sweep in but has grabbed hold it and refuses to let it go. Not helping my mood this morning is that last night went pretty late with the bowling league and the pitchers of beer probably aren't helping either. Thought I think I may have had the high score overall in the second game (180) but I'm not positive on that. My sincere hope now that spring break has come and gone is that I'm actually able to play basketball this semester. I played quite a bit in the fall but I have not played even once so far this semester because my schedule is more of a time drag but will get a little better now that my brief has been turned in.
Music has been on my mind lately and a lot of good albums have been recommended to me or I've stumbled upon on my own. Here are a few worth checking out (if you can't find them let me know and I can point you in the right direction):
Beach House - Devotion
Band of Horses - Everything All the Time, Cease to Begin (that's two separate albums)
Rilo Kiley - Under the Blacklight
She&Him - Volume One
The Helio Sequence - Keep Your Eyes Ahead
The Helio album is a two man outfit and they are drum heavy with a lot of electronic beats mixed in. Band of Horses is quality indie rock, particularly The Funeral on their first album. Beach House is chill indie background music. Rile Kiley is nothing breakthrough just quality stuff. She&Him features actress Zooey Deschanel's voice and the musical stylings of M. Ward. I think you'll like it if you give it a try. A good friend really introduced me to new music, more indie stuff, some electronic and just stuff I would not have given a chance in the past. Now I feel it is my duty to try and share this new music with others. Some quality bands are putting out albums sometimes this year including Midlake, My Morning Jacket, Death Cab For Cutie and several others.
I think I've written enough the first time out. Leave comments at your whim.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment