Well today kicks off the beginning of the NCAA tournament so hearts will be broken, brackets destroyed and confidence shattered. Luckily today is Thursday and no class tomorrow due to good Friday. Just need to get through the long day that is my Thursday, go home, maybe nap, watch some tournament games and just relax for a bit. Played basketball for the first time in months yesterday and it was nice to get out there, run around a bit and not totally embarrass myself. I knew my schedule would be a bit easier to deal with after spring break and so far I'm right. I still have to keep up studying for classes and reviewing stuff and preparing for exams. My finals schedule is much more spread out and relaxed this semester so I'm hoping that pays off. I thought I might have to deal with the distraction warmer weather would provide but since winter never seems to end around here that might not be a problem.
This class that I'm in is a total waste of my time, as if that wasn't obvious from my initial blog entry. It just makes me mad sitting here listening to this and afterwards I go to the gym and work out my anger and frustration. I have a feeling I can't explain or justify that good things lay just over the horizon and if I remain patient, these good things are going to happen. I suppose if I learned anything last year during my year long sabbatical from school, it's that for the most part very little we do in life has a great effect on what opportunities come our way and you have to pick and choose your spots. You can't chase every girl, ace every exam or be friends with everybody you meet. And sometimes we make these choices and decisions without realizing it until it's too late. Now some people might disagree with that so I'll preface what I've said as being my experience. When I try to make something happen too much usually things have a way of not turning out the way I want. When I sit back a little more, act aloof around people, for some reason that intrigues them. If you talk too much, try too hard or come on too strong, people don't usually like that.
Speaking of not trying too hard that is as deep as I'll go for this entry and mercifully class is almost over.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment